The VIVA Connects Toolkit is a collection of free modules that offer ideas and instructions for ways to promote physical activity in rural New Mew Mexico communities. The PRC developed these modules in response to frequent requests for technical assistance. It includes topics such as building sustainable trails, writing press releases, or developing a passport program to encourage trail use. The toolkit is constantly growing as more communities share what they are learning about what it takes to encourage residents to promote physical activity in their communities.
The toolkit is set up as a “course” in The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Moodle Learning System. In order to access it, you’ll need to create an account and obtain the passkey. Follow the steps below to start using the toolkit.
- Click here
- Click on VIVA Connects
- Click the Create New Account button and follow the instructions to set up a free account
- Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain the passkey to enter the course
The modules are organized into five categories.
- Just Getting Started
- Identifying Places to Be Active
- Ready to Promote Physical Activity in your Community
- Ready to Create More Places to Be Active
- Sustaining Community Engagement
To access the toolkit in the future, simply go here and enter the username and password that you created. If you have any questions or ideas for new modules, send us a note.