The Sunflower Festival, a major cultural event for the community and surrounding area, features:
- Arts and crafts show featuring over 100 local and regional artists and artisans
- Live entertainment by musical groups including Rye Creek, Erineo, and more
- Food and other street vendors
- Walking tour of Mountainair murals and mosaics as shown in the art council brochure
- Art raffle
- Sunflower hat competition with prizes awarded
- Fun things for kids
- Sunflowers everywhere-both at the festival and along the town’s main streets and back-country roads
The event is free and sponsored by the Manzano Mountain Arts Council, supported in part by New Mexico Arts, a division of the Department of Cultural Affairs, and the National Endowment for the Arts.
The Partnership for a Healthy Torrance County will have an information booth to promote county trails, have sign-up sheets for participants to join local walking groups, and hopefully have hosted walks during the festival.